<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jan 11, 2004

A head's up to 1st MARDIV 

As an addendum to my Green Side Out post from Friday, I offer Grim's warning to Marines about to rotate to the combat zone.
Islamist website 1924.org has picked up that super-edited CNN clip called "US Marines Execute an Iraqi to the Cheers of Fellow Marines."

If you haven't seen it before, I'll give you the skinny on it. It's not an execution, it's the end of a firefight. It was taken during the war, and the Iraqi forces shown under Marine Corps fire were staging an ambush. The clip is so tightly edited that you just see a wounded Iraqi gunman trying to rise, and getting shot while tracers go over his head.

The link he provided didn't work for me, but I found the video here. Unsurprisingly, the video was shot by those paragons of journalistic virtue at CNN, who are well renowned for not giving us the whole story.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com