<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Aug 24, 2004

Should I rant on this? 

I probably should, but I just don't have the strength for it anymore. The New York Daily News broke the story, but if you want to see the good stuff, check this out:

FrontPage magazine.com
Some 46,000 New Yorkers are registered to vote in both the city and Florida, a shocking finding that exposes both states to potential abuses that could alter the outcome of elections, a Daily News investigation shows.

But OHHH... there's more:

Of the 46,000 registered in both states, 68% are Democrats, 12% are Republicans and 16% didn't claim a party.

Please excuse me while I feign shock...

Alright, time for some quick math.

46000 x .68 = 31280
46000 x .12 = 5520

31280 - 5520 = 25760

That means that - based STRICTLY on party affiliations - the Dems could have gained as many as 25,760 votes in Florida by voting twice. "Vote early, vote often"?

I'm not gonna go too high and right on this one. I could, but I'll refrain. However, if we are to assume this is true, that would mean that Bush won Florida by over 26,000 votes, not 500. (I don't have the numbers for New York, but I won't go so far as to make the assumption that he would have won there too.) Think any lefties will shut up now about how the 2000 election was "stolen"?

Yeah... me neither.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com