<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jan 30, 2005

Promises kept 

So a couple weeks ago, Tom puts up this post. You know, one of those “"here’'s stuff about me" posts” that pretty much everybody has done. And then I realize, "“Hey... I haven'’t." ” So I tell Tom to remind me to do one if I don'’t get around to it.

So he did.

Quite rudely, I might add.

But I asked and he answered and he kicked me in the butt for not posting so much. So, to both get him off my back and do what I think might be an enlightening post for some of you, here it is (along with some extra questions he threw in for me to answer).


Three names you go by:
Mike
Michael
Mikey (there'’s about four people who can safely use this one on me)

Three screennames you have:
Mike the Marine
hallsandshores
Devilnuts

Last three books read (not necessarily completed):
“Combat (#1)” edited by Stephen Coonts, written by Larry Bond, Dale Brown, & David Hagberg
“Super Hawks: Strike Force Bravo” by Mack Maloney
“Silent America” by Bill Whittle

Three favorite books overall:
The “Super Hawks” trilogy by Mack Maloney (I count this as one book, I just haven'’t read the third chapter yet)
“Rainbow Six” by Tom Clancy
“The Princess Bride” by William Goldman

Three favorite liquors:
Jim Beam Black Label
Captain Morgan'’s Private Stock
Cabo Wabo Tequila

Three things you like about yourself:
Intelligent
Quick-witted
Imaginative

Three things you dislike about yourself:
Inability to shut up at exactly the wrong time
Tendency to go with the flow rather than take the bull by the horns
Indecisive (but mostly when it comes to what to have for dinner... this drives my wife insane)

Three parts of your heritage:
Irish
Scottish
Slovak

Three things that scare you:
Failure
Being alone
Going through life having never made a difference

Three of your everyday essentials:
News
Chow
The word "“Ooh-rah”"

Three things you are wearing right now:
Sweatshirt
Sweatpants
Beat up sneakers

Three of your favorite bands/artists (at the moment):
AC/DC
Metallica
Van Halen

Three of your favorite songs at present:
AC/DC -– "The Furor"
Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam"
Jimi Hendrix -– "Red House"

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:
Deploy to far away foreign lands.
Meet interesting people of a storied and ancient culture.
Weed out the ones that don'’t deserve to continue breathing and intro them to their 72 raisins.

Three things you want in a relationship (love is a given):
Laughter
Patience
Support

Two truths and a lie:
I would punch Michael Moore in face if given the chance.
I would then proceed to make him eat his ratty old baseball cap.
I would then walk calmly away from him without having mentioned anything about his mother.

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Smile
Back
Legs

Three things you just can'’t do:
Sit calmly by and let Islamofascist terrorists dictate how things are gonna be.
NOT cry at the end of either “Braveheart” or “The Sands of Iwo Jima.”
Wrap my brain around the vacuum of stupid that exists between the ears of people like Ted Rall and Maureen Dowd.

Three of your favorite hobbies:
Playing video games
Building models (but I haven'’t in years)
Blogging

Three things you want to do really badly right now:
Play with my new XBOX
Watch the newest episode of “Battlestar Galactica”
Chug some water to purge the booze from last night

Three careers you’re considering:
Marine.
Marine.
Marine.

Three places you want to go on vacation:
Scotland
Hawaii
The Bay Islands of Honduras

Three kid's names:
Isabelle
Troy
Mike

Three things you want to do before you die:
Get rich.
Get famous.
Leave it all to my kids.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com