<$BlogRSDUrl$>

May 11, 2005

Off again - but before I go... 

I promised some pictures, and some tales:

The ship is a strange place. I don't know how you Navy guys do it, but I cannot imagine living there on a permanent basis. God bless ya all. I took me two days just to figure out what the whistle for chow sounded like... I kept missing meals. Anyway, that's where I'll be for the next couple weeks, so once again, this blog goes on hiatus. I'm trying to figure out exactly when, how, and if I'll be doing any blogging once we actually deploy. We'll see how that works out.

What it's really all about is this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Marines loading onto a CH-46 for a training raid on southern California

Gotta love it.

And as an added bonus, check out this series of shots I got at CAX. (By the way, for those of you that went to Twentynine Palms years ago, don't worry... it's just the way you left it. Dirt floors in the hooches, and no stalls for the toilets. Like I said: gotta love it.) Some Ospreys showed up and were practicing hooking up external loads. This particular one is carrying a water bull (aka a big tank full of drinking water).

click for full size

Pretty impressive, but it still might take some convincing to get me to ride in one.

Well, that's all ya get for now. Be back in a couple weeks with (hopefully) some new tales of high adventure from the sea...
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com