<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Mar 27, 2007

Guess what 

About a week ago, one of my Marines sends me an email. We have great, world-spanning geo-political discussions around the office, and as it turns out he's big into Barack Obama. Some other Marines give him a ration of crap for this (all in good fun), but hey, that's his opinion. He's been to Iraq twice for it, so he can keep it... (Funny aside: ask him about Hillary, and it's "not just no, but HELL no"). So he shoots me what I can only assume is a form letter from the Obama website to join his campaign. Not to be outdone, I replied with an offer to join MY campaign. Names have been changed to protect the innocent guilty.

From: Sgt O
To: Mike the Marine
Subject: Guess what

I just joined Barack Obama's campaign for president.

I know sometimes the political process seems impossible, superficial, and worse. But we're trying to change that. We're building a campaign of the people, by the people, and for the people.

So please take a moment to learn more about Barack, about the campaign I'm running with him. There's a place in it for all of us.

http://www.BarackObama.com

------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mike the Marine
To: Sgt O
Subject: RE: Guess what

I just joined my own campaign for Emperor of the Universe.

I know sometimes the political process seems impossible, superficial, and worse. And it totally is. I'll be changing all that when I become High Overlord and Ruler of all that I survey... and, of course, abolish elections. I'm building a campaign of the people, by the people, and for the people.

By which I mean that I will build my throne on a mountain of "the people's" skulls.

So please take a moment to learn more about Me, about the campaign I'm running. There's a place in it for all of us... or at least your skull...

www.IWillRuleWithAnIronFist.org
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com