<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sep 11, 2007

Dry eyes 

I have not shed one tear today. Not one. Sorrow is not the emotion that I reserve for the 11th of September.

I prefer anger.

While the news reports showed candlelight vigils and reading of victims' names and the flow of tears all day, my own remembrance consisted of simmering rage.

Rage that I feel when I think of our enemies in celebration.

Rage that I feel when I think of our elected representatives grand-standing for some B.S. political reason.

Rage that I feel when I think of the falling man.

And rage that I feel when Brian Kilmeade announced after a montage on this morning's Fox and Friends,
"That's the only time that Fox News is going to be showing the planes crashing into the buildings today."
That was at 0840 eastern time. That means that unless you got your ass up real early on the west coast, you did not see a replay of the impacts at all today on Fox.

That is unacceptable.

That footage should be on a loop all day long. But we don't show it. And why? It might offend someone.

Americans have become so thin-skinned, so weak spined, that the very idea of offending anyone has itself become offensive. Why are Americans unwilling to get mad at anyone but other Americans in these past years? Since when is it always "our fault"? Since when did we "bring this on ourselves"? Since when do we live in a vacuum where America is the only one to blame for all the world's ills? Is America always wrong? Is nothing about this country worth defending? Is there nothing worth getting righteously angry about anymore?

Well I know what I'm angry about. And so I choose to defend this country - be it either by force or by spreading information - against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I'm late with this post today, which means that if you're on the east coast you'll probably read it on September 12th at the earliest. Yesterday, you observed a moment of silence, and you watched a memorial service on TV, and you maybe even waved an American flag at a rally. And I'm glad you did all those things... yesterday. What are you doing today? Are you committed to the ideal that you will defend this country and stand up for it?

Our enemies are committed. They think in terms of centuries, generations:
"The white man in Europe or America is our number-one enemy. ... Let us... plant the seeds of hatred, disgust, and revenge in the souls of [our] children. Let us teach these children from the time their nails are soft that the white man is the enemy of humanity, and that they should destroy him at the first opportunity." -Sayyid Qutb, "father" of the modern Islamist movement, circa 1949.*
Will you quit the fight after just six years?

I won't. I am ready to fight fire with fire and to feel anger - even hate - for those who hated me first. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

Hate me, blame me. You can't shame me.

I will not submit.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

---------------
* - as quoted in "The Looming Tower", by Lawrence Wright, I had to take my best guess at the exact date, as it was not specifically given
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com