<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Feb 29, 2008

America's Code Pink's 911 Force? 

Oh, this is too rich...
Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin, who can turn the air blue when shouting chants against American Marines called out for the Marines in front of Marine Recruiting offices in Berkeley yesterday.

Eamon Kelley, the young Marine who is featured in Move America Forward’s TV commercial that ran on Fox News earlier this week, could hardly believe his own ears when Benjamin called on the Marines for help.
...
“While we were at the protest in Berkeley from 12 to 4 p.m., a white Volvo drove by and a man spat upon CodePink,” Kelley wrote in an email to MAF’s Melanie Morgan. “They chased him down the street and got into a verbal altercation. The police were NOWHERE in sight.

“That’s not the best part, ready for this?

“Medea Benjamin yelled and I quote “Marines!” She actually yelled for our help because this man had stepped out of his car. I even asked her if she was yelling Police and she told me, “I said Marines” then put her arm around my friend Allen (the Marine Vet). Ironic?”
Would I have stepped up to keep someone from having their ass viciously beaten in a similar situation? Probably. But in that particular situation? I more likely would have told Medea to "Stay here! I'll go get help!"... then gotten a cup of coffee, gone to a movie, maybe caught up on my reading... ooh, did I leave the stove on? Better check on that...

What a small, petty creature you have proven to be, Medea. What, couldn't "stand up to Hitler" on your own?

More at BlackFive, Michelle Malkin.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com